One of the worst things that can happen is for your septic system to cease functioning. Maybe it’s a clog or maybe you have a leak in the tank. Whatever the problem, it’s essential you call one of the septic system contractors in your area to get your system fixed right away.
Would you like a new bathroom? Our bathroom remodeling services can suggest ways to improve your bathroom without breaking the bank.
Common Septic System Problems
Mostly when someone has trouble with their septic system, it’s one of these three problems.
- Clogging: One of the most common issues people have with their septic system is clogs. Your septic tank slowly fills up with waste, and it needs to be pumped out periodically. If you’ve not done that, chances are you have a clog.
- Tree Root Invasion: If you have a crack in your septic system that’s leaking, tree roots seek the water and will drill right through the pipe and invade your system.
- Leaks: If you’ve noticed that part of your lawn is more lush and green than the others, it’s a sign you have a leak in your septic tank.
Maintain Your Septic Tank To Keep It Long Lasting
Your septic tank should last 40 years or more if you take care of it. Here are a few tips to keep your septic tank in tip-top shape.
- Pump It Out - Depending on your usage, you may need to do this annually.
- Don’t Overuse Water - Remember that all the water you use ends up in your septic tank, so the less that goes in the tank, the longer the tank will last.
- Watch Your Waste - Don’t treat your toilet or your drain like it’s a garbage disposal. Cooking grease and oil, non-flushable wipes and napkins, and other items should be disposed of in your trash, not dumped into your septic system.
If you follow these tips, your septic system should remain in great shape for many years to come. Keep your drains flowing too with regular drain maintenance!
Why Hire Alberta Indoor Comfort?
When you call us, you’re getting not just a reliable plumber with a long track record of great customer service, you’re getting a satisfaction guarantee that we won’t stop until you’re happy with the work. You also get 24/7 emergency support so you can count on us showing up when you need us, not when we can get to you.