At Alberta Indoor Comfort (previously Sears), we know that plumbing is like the arteries of your home, and when there’s a blockage or leak, it can be a catastrophe. Backed up toilets, clogged drains and overflowing sewage can impact your family’s health and wellbeing if it’s not fixed quickly. The next time you need plumbing installation services or plumbing replacement, we want to be the company that’s first on your list.
Is your water heater about to fail? Check out our water heater services and then call us for help.
Our Plumbing Services
We are proud to offer a full menu of plumbing solutions to tackle all your water, sewer and drain issues:
- 24 Hour Emergency Services
- Water Heater Repair and Installation
- Tankless Water Heater Repair and Installation
- Backflow Testing and Repair
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Burst and Frozen Pipe Repair
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Drain Cleaning
- Gas Leak Detection
- Gas Line Repair and Installation
- Kitchen Plumbing & Garbage Disposal Services
- Repiping Services
- Septic Tank Services
- Sewer Line Repair and Replacement
- Slab Leak Repair
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Filtration Systems
- Water Leak Detection & Repair
- Water Softeners
- Commercial Plumbing
Common Plumbing Problems to Watch out For
Most residents experience one or more plumbing issues in their lifetime. Here are the most common plumbing problems you’re likely to face and when you should call in a residential plumbing service company.
- Faucets That Drip
- Leaking or Burst Pipes
- Running Toilet
- Slow Drains
- Lukewarm Water
- Low Water Flow or Pressure
- Backed Up Sewer
If you’re in the Calgary area, and experience any of these plumbing issues, your best bet is to call in a professional to get it repaired quickly and correctly.
What Causes Low Water Pressure?
Have you noticed a decrease in your home’s water pressure? Have you always had a low, unsatisfactory water pressure? Here are a few things that cause low water pressure and how to solve it.
- Water Meter Valve - Check your water meter valve and make sure it’s open all the way.
- Main Shutoff Valve - Likewise, check your main shutoff valve inside the house and make sure it’s also open all the way.
- Pressure Regulator - Some homes have pressure regulators to protect the pipes from the water pressure coming inside the house. Sometimes these gauges can fail causing either too much or too little water pressure.
- Failing Pipes - If your home has the old, galvanized steel pipes, they can be corroded so much that it restricts the water flow.
If you have low water pressure, residential plumbing companies are the ones to call to sort out the matter and get your water flow back up to full speed.
A gas line leak shouldn’t be ignored. Check out our gas line repair services and call us right away.
When Should You Replace Your Plumbing?
If your home is over 50 years old, chances are they built it using steel or iron pipes, both of which are corroding. If you’re experiencing more frequent leaks and burst pipes, chances are you’re going to need plumbing replacement sooner rather than later. Also, plumbing that hasn’t been properly maintained throughout the years is also more likely to fail at a higher rate. If you’re concerned about the state of your plumbing, call a plumbing repair company for an assessment.