Here in Calgary, the cold seems to go on forever, and you need a furnace you can rely on, not only for your warmth, but for your overall health too. If your furnace is in bad shape, call Alberta Indoor Comfort (previously Sears) today for an appointment and let us ensure you are warm and comfortable all winter.
Is your heat pump blowing out the wrong temperature air? Look at our heat pump services and call us for an appointment.
Does Your Furnace Need Replaced? Here’s How to Know
- Age — If your furnace is over 20 years old, it’s time to think about a replacement.
- Foul Smells — If your furnace puts out foul smells, call a furnace repair service right away.
- Odd Noises — Most furnaces make noise, but if you hear something like grinding or whining, it may need to be repaired.
- Sudden spike in energy bills — Older furnaces are less efficient than newer models, and if your energy bills keep going up, it’s time to get it replaced.
Keep Your Furnace Running Well This Winter With These 5 Tips
- Keep your air filters clean
- Make sure the blower motor is functioning properly
- Beef up your home’s insulation so your furnace doesn’t have to work as hard
- Keep your vents clear
- If you have a gas furnace, make sure your exhaust is clear.
Does your toilet continue to run after you flush it? Call us today for fast toilet repair and replacement solutions.
When You Should Perform Furnace Maintenance
You can extend the life of your furnace and ensure that it’s ready to go when you need it by conducting routine maintenance on it. Most experts agree that having a professional electric furnace repair company come in once a year for a tune-up will keep your furnace in tip-top shape. Most of the calls for heaters not working could’ve been avoided if people conducted regular maintenance on their heaters and took care of little problems before they become big ones.