Here in Calgary, winter can be harsh and long lasting, and it’s no time to find out your furnace doesn’t work. Instead of being miserable in a freezing home, why not call Alberta Indoor Comfort (previously Sears) for an electric furnace installation or electric furnace replacement?
Are you sick of buying bottled water because you can’t stand the taste of what comes out of your tap? Check out our water purifier services and see if we can help!
Is Your Furnace Ready For Winter? It Will Be With These Handy Tips
Be ready for when Old Man Winter comes knocking and make sure you can beat him down by making sure your furnace is up to the job when the temperature drops.
- Test Early — Test your system in the fall and make sure it’s working properly
- Clean Filters — It’s essential you keep your furnace filters clean
- Clean Ducts & Vents — When ducts and vents are obstructed, your heater works harder, which can shorten its life.
- Schedule Maintenance — Call a furnace service company once a year for an inspection and maintenance.
What to Do When Your Heat Goes Out
Having your furnace go out in the dead of winter can fill you with dread, but don’t panic, and follow these tips to keep warm.
- Call a furnace service company that has 24/7 emergency help
- Check that your furnace has power or the pilot light is lit
- Check that the thermostat is set to the right temperature
- Make sure your registers are open and unobstructed
Keep warm by dressing in layers and get to a neighbour’s house if you can while you wait for help to arrive.
Do you have a sudden rise in your water bill? You may have a leak you’re not aware of. We have leak detection services that can help find the problem quickly.
The Alberta Indoor Comfort Advantage
We know you have a variety of furnace contractors you can call when you have a problem here in the Calgary area, but we offer you 24/7 emergency help when you need it and we back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.