Your heat pump is like the heart of your home, moving cold and hot air throughout the house. And when it fails, your system stops working. At Alberta Indoor Comfort (previously Sears), our expert technicians are trained to get right at the heart of the problem and fix it quickly so you get the comfort back quickly.
Is your toilet always running? Our experts can provide fast toilet repair services.
Is It Time for a Heat Pump Replacement? Here’s How to Know
The average heat pump is designed to last for years, but like any machine, they break down. Here are a few signs you need a heat pump repair or heat pump service.
- Heat pump blows the wrong temperature air
- You have low or no airflow
- You smell strange or foul odours coming out of your HVAC system
- Your heat pump cycles too frequently
- You see a sudden increase in your energy bill
No matter what problem you have with your heat pump, our professional techs are standing by ready to help with a heat pump installation or heat pump repair whenever you need them.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Heat Pump?
You have to weigh many factors when your heat pump quits working, but the first question that comes to mind is if you should repair your heat pump or invest in a new one. Your heat pump should last about 20 years, and with regular maintenance, you can stretch that. However, here are a few things to consider when faced with repairing versus replacing.
- How old is your unit? The older the unit, the more likely you should replace.
- How good of a job does it do? If it’s not getting the job done, a heat pump replacement is in order.
- How much are your energy bills? Older heat pumps are less efficient than newer ones, so a new heat pump can save you money on your energy bills.
Don’t think you have room for a nice air conditioner? Check out our ductless mini split systems and see if it’s right for you.
Advantages of Hiring Us
At Alberta Indoor Comfort, we know you can call a variety of heat pump installation companies when you need help. But we urge you to give us a chance because with us you get custom tailored solutions just for you instead of a one size fits all approach. Also, we stand behind our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.