For too long, people who had small homes or apartments, or homes without ductwork, had to suffer with window air conditioners and fans to keep cool in summer. But consider that a ductless mini split air conditioner can keep you as cool and comfortable as a central air unit and a fraction of the installation cost. Alberta Indoor Comfort (previously Sears) is committed to providing Calgary, AB residents with cost-effective ductless mini split services. Call today!
Is your air conditioner about to fail? We have air conditioner maintenance services to help keep you cool.
Why Install a Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner?
Small homes and apartments without a lot of space, and homes that never had ductwork built in, can enjoy a ductless mini split AC system and here’s how.
- Saves Energy - Energy escapes through ducts no matter how well sealed they are. You can lose up to 30% of your energy through ducts, which makes the ductless system more efficient.
- Makes You Safer - Having a window unit gives intruders easy access to your home. A ductless mini split air conditioner means no more open windows, thus keeping you safer.
- Better Flexibility - Let’s say you want to cool different rooms independently from one another; a ductless mini split system lets you do that where you’re stuck with the same temperature for every room with a central AC unit.
How to Maintain Your Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner
A ductless mini split air conditioner is efficient and built to last a long time. However, here are a few things you can do to ensure it keeps you cool year in and year out.
- Clean it from dust and debris regularly
- Don’t crowd the unit with furniture or wall hangings that can attract dust
- Remove and clean the filters regularly
- Clean the outdoor condenser coil
The best way to ensure your ductless mini split AC system runs smoothly is to call in a professional to maintain it at least once a year. If your ductless mini split system has been unreliable as of late, one of our service technicians can provide repair options.
Is your septic system due to be pumped? Check out our septic tank services and see if we can help.
How Long Does a Mini Split Air Conditioner Installation Take?
If you’re on the fence about getting a mini split air conditioner but are worried about the mess or the time for installation, here’s some good news: a mini split system is easy to install and the average installation can be done in about a day. And, since there’s no ductwork to drill, the mess is minimal.