If your home’s air conditioner is giving you fits, it could be an issue with the evaporator coil. Problems with your air conditioner’s evaporator coil means your system can’t adequately cool your home and can reduce the airflow. Call Alberta Indoor Comfort (previously Sears) today for AC evaporator coil repair and cleaning services.
Is your kitchen sink clogged again? Check out our drain cleaning services and call us for help.
Common Evaporator Coil Problems
Most household air conditioners are comprised of two units: the condenser, or outdoor unit and the evaporator, or the indoor unit. There are a variety of problems that can affect your evaporator coil, but here are the most common.
- Ice Buildup — Ice or frost on your evaporator coil isn’t normal. When you see this, you need to call in a professional for help.
- Blower Motor Failure — Your AC unit’s blower fan sends cool air through the ducts and blows hot air over the evaporator coil to take out the heat. When this unit fails, your air conditioner won’t cool your home properly.
- Dirty Air Filter — Air brought in by the evaporator is filled with dust, pet hair, and other contaminants for the filter to remove. If the filter is dirty, the airflow becomes reduced, which puts more wear and tear on your system.
How to Maintain Your AC’s Evaporator Coils
Everyone with a central AC system should perform annual maintenance on the system to ensure it’s ready to go when you need it. The evaporator coil is another part that needs regular cleaning and maintenance, and here’s how to do it.
- Turn off the unit
- Get access to the coil
- Use compressed air to blow debris away from the coil
- Or use a brush for stubborn dirt
If you’re not handy or worried about damaging your system, contact an AC evaporator coil cleaning service and get the job done by a trained professional.
If your home flooded once, it’ll likely flood again. Our sump pump services will ensure your home remains dry during the next storm.
Why Call Alberta Indoor Comfort?
When you need AC evaporator coil replacement or other air conditioner repair, we’re one of the few companies who offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on the work. Also, when there’s an AC emergency, you won’t have to wait for a company to ‘fit you in.’ We offer 24/7 emergency help that’s only a phone call away.