When you have a heating emergency or AC emergency, you need an emergency heating repair service or cooling repair service you can rely on. That’s why we at Alberta Indoor Comfort (previously Sears) offer 24/7 support for many heating, cooling, and plumbing emergencies. You’ll never have to go it alone when you call us!
What to Do if Your Furnace Stops Working
Calgary residents know how important having a functioning furnace is because winter seems to go on forever here! So what happens if your furnace shuts off or suddenly stops producing hot air? Here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you out. If they don't work, give us a call and we'll send an HVAC technician to fix your furnace ASAP.
- Check the thermostat - As obvious as it sounds, make sure the thermostat is set to "heat."
- Check the breakers and shutoff switch - All furnaces have a switch somewhere that needs to be turned on. Check the breakers too to make sure it's switched on.
- Change the filters - Believe it or not, a dirty air filter can cause your furnace to shut off. Consult the owner's manual which shows how to remove and replace the air filter.
- Check the gas - Is it turned on? Someone may have turned the gas valve off. Check to see that the handle is parallel to the gas pipe.
Still no luck? Seems like too much work? Call the experts at Alberta Indoor Comfort for immediate help. We'll have your furnace back up and heating your home in no time at all.
Is that water heater not giving you hot water? We offer water heater services that can help with any water heater repair!
How to Know if You're Dealing With an AC Emergency
Have you turned on and off your AC and it's still not working? If it's hot in your home and your air conditioner is acting up, don't take any chances. Call a local HVAC contractor you can trust to get the problem resolved as quickly as possible to get your home back to cool comfort ASAP.
Some signs that you should give us a call include:
- Strange Sounds - is your AC making screeching or other strange noises? The fan belt could be loose or the compressor could be operating at a high pressure. Either way, you'll want to call an AC repair technician right away to address the issue.
- Odd Smells - Does something smell like it's burning? there could be an electrical malfunction which is definitely grounds for calling an emergency AC company.
- Lack of Air Flow - Don't feel cold air coming from your AC? This could mean there are problems with the thermostat or blower. Sometimes repairs will do the trick, otherwise, it could mean your AC has finally kicked the bucket and it's time for a replacement.
When to Call a 24 Hour Plumbing Company
What is a plumbing emergency and when should you call for help? Here are the top six emergencies that residents encounter and when you should call a 24-hour plumber.
- Overflowing Toilet
- Clogged Drain
- Backed Up Sewer
- Sump Pump Failure
- Burst Pipes
- Water Heater Failure
Most Calgary residents will suffer with one or several of these issues in their lifetime, and when they do, they need an emergency plumbing repair service they can rely on.
Is that kitchen sink clogged AGAIN? We offer clogged drain repair services that might be the ticket to help!
A 24 Hour Plumber Calgary Residents Can Rely On
At Alberta Indoor Comfort, we know how traumatic a plumbing emergency can be, especially to older residents. When you wake up to a burst pipe, water leak or failed water heater, it’s easy to panic and not know what to do. We’re the company to call because we offer 24/7 emergency support and a satisfaction guarantee to all our customers.